Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog is 7and has been suffering from RAcfor the past 4

Customer Question
years. He takes deramaxx. Up...
My dog is 7and has been suffering from RAcfor the past 4 years. He takes deramaxx. Up until recently it worked. The vet even said double up the dose on bad days. For no more that three days. Sometimes he can't go up and down the steps. Ends up pooping on the V floor. He is clearly in pain. Are dogs allowed to take oxycodone?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Piper (he's a boy)
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Piper?
Customer: He can't take steroids. It brings on pancreatitis
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/19/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Kelly Hill, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Dog Veterinarian

Hi this is Dr. Hill. I need to confirm that your dog suffers from arthritis. Is he overweight? Do you have him on glucosamine or fatty acid supplements? what type of food are you feeding? there are a lot of good options for treating arthritis. I would love to help you make him more comfortable.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian