Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

She had 3 puppies last Sunday. She is not eating or

Customer Question
drinking. I finally got her...
She had 3 puppies last Sunday. She is not eating or drinking. I finally got her to drink some pedialyte last night and just a little this morning. She is real weak
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Sophie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Sophie?
Customer: This is her third litter in a year. She almost died this time last year. I can not remember what the vet said. I think she got got fluids while there
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/18/2016
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

If Sophie is having complications related to having puppies, she needs to be bred less frequently or spayed. One litter of puppies per year is plenty. I would avoid home treatment and have her examined by your vet, given her history of illness and how weak she is now. If she does not already have a low calcium level, she's likely headed in this direction because she's not eating and I assume she's still caring for her pups.

If you need help finding a vet that can see her today, let me know your city, state and zipcode and I'll be happy to help you further.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would take her to the vet but I can not afford a vet bill. There are no vets close by that take payments. They all want full payment up front. I will give you my information just to see what you can find out. Homerville GA 31634..I have used Satilla hospital I'm waycross before but had to use someone's Care credit and I don't want to do that again.
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian