Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Just looking to symptom check while I wait for the vet to

Customer Question
open. JA: I'll do all I...
just looking to symptom check while I wait for the vet to open.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: late evening she suddenly vomited...repeatedly...7 times. Following that she just , obviously, didn't feel well. Had some water later, went outside to pee...but by 10 pm nose was dry, she was restless, couldn't lay down and this pretty much went on all night long. Seems to me her stomach is harder than normal. She's a Mini Schnauzer about 7 years old and very active until last night. No drooling, crying...RESTLESS, though. She is laying down now but hasn't been able to really relax and stay laying down longer than about 10 minutes.
JA: This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: I'm worried about bloat but...she doesn't have other symptoms, really. Waiting to call the local vet, non emergency line, too
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/18/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Does her belly seem distended?

If you press on her belly, any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?

Can she keep water down?

Are her gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

Could she have eaten something she should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?

Any diarrhea?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian