Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Dogs /side of penis is red/ rashy

Customer Question
dogs balls/side of penis is...
dogs balls/side of penis is red/ rashy
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/16/2016
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you attach pictures of what you're seeing?

Are you seeing rashing over more than just this area? What I see looks like a bite, perhaps. A raised area about the size of a penny.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no its only in this area, its like a bulge and its reddish.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
its gotten bigger and turned redder

It looks to me like this may be a bug bite/sting. Is he licking this area, by chance? Any raised areas in his coat over his back or on his face?

Checking in, JACustomer. I didn't hear back from you. How is your companion doing today?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian