Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My cavalier just started hiding in the corner today he

Customer Question
Hi my cavalier just started...
Hi my cavalier just started hiding in the corner today he comics yesterday once and has been licking his paw for the last 3 months the last issue the vet said it was separation anxiety and has some sort of allergy cause hes been on and off steroids for the last 90 dwys
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry comics is vomit
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He walks away from me when I follow him or call him and usually he follows me everywhere he doesn't even want a treat
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/14/2016
Dog Veterinarian: jadedangel57, owner replied 1 year ago
jadedangel57

Hi jaCustomer,

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient.

Has he been on prednisone these last 90 days?

What symptoms was the vet treating with prednisone?

What has been done to address any possible allergy?

Was allergy testing done?

What other medications have been used?

Which behavior did the vet believe was separation anxiety?

Has a thyroid panel been done?

Dog Veterinarian: jadedangel57, owner replied 11 months ago

I see that you have not responded to my request for more information. Do you no longer need any help with this matter? If you still do, please answer the information request below.

Was allergy testing done?

What other medications have been used?

Has a thyroid panel been done?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian