Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

We have a Shih Tzu rescue dog, 15 lb., and about 7yrs. old.

Customer Question

We have a Shih Tzu rescue dog, 15 lb., and about 7yrs. old. She is on a special dog food to lessen urinary infections, which it does. But, she insists on eating green plants and a little dirt from the garden.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Her name is Abby.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Abby?
Customer: She has a mind of her own, but will always come back home. We have had her, a rescue, for less than a year. We have minimal shot records, etc.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Lisa replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

Expert:  Lisa replied 11 months ago.

Does she always eat grass dirt every time she goes out?

Does she ever vomit after eating the grass/dirt?