Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Constipated, lethargic, hasn't pooped in almosthas her on

Customer Question

Constipated, lethargic, hasn't pooped in almost*****has her on denamarin and pep is ac (for a week and hasn't helped at all.) Went to different vet this morn. Put her on amoxicillin and special wet food for intestinal issues. Shih tzu less than 2 years old. Female, spayed.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Lulu
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Lulu?
Customer: We took her in last week bc we thought it was due to her eating acorns. They did blood work last week and everything came back WNL except for a slightly elevated liver enzyme but liver function was normal. Dr today did fecal test and was good. No vomiting but decreased appetite. She is peeing but it pooping.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 9 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am so sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. How is your companion doing at this current time? Any changes?