Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My pet, has flaky itchy skin. She is a Maltese, She is not

Customer Question
My pet, Taylor has flaky...
My pet, Taylor has flaky itchy skin.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: She is a Maltese
JA: OK. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the veterinarian. What is the Maltese's name and age?
Customer: She is not under any medication. We've had Taylor for 5 yrs.
JA: What is the Maltese's name?
Customer: The maltese's name is Taylor.
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Taylor?
Customer: Taylor has an ear infection
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/13/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Tamra Hunt, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Tamra Hunt
Tamra Hunt, Dog Veterinarian

My name is***** .

I'm sorry Taylor is having some skin problems. Is the dry flaky skin your biggest concern? And have you tried any medications yet to help?

I really like fish oils for skin. For small dogs, I like to use a dog version you can get at Petsmart, or through Amazon. The human fish oil capsules can be a bit too much for her and can cause diarrhea.

Is her ear infection currently being treated?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian