Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog seems to be panting or breathing faster than usual

Customer Question
and seems to be restless...
my dog seems to be panting or breathing faster than usual and seems to be restless or uncomfortable i can hear his breathing he's resting now for a few minuets then he lifts his head back up he licks his mouth as if he;s thirsty
JA: Funny breathing is scary. Let's get you talking to the veterinarian immediately.
Customer: my dog is breathing is faster than usual he seems to be restless he's panting a little as he does sometime in long walks he played,bark,ate a good dinner of the Hills prescription diet z/d food, he's resting now but not like the usual he will get up within a few minuets and his breathing will start like a panting or faster than usual, i can actually hear him breathing when this panting occurs
JA: Have there been any changes in the dog's appearance or diet?
Customer: not the appearance maybe a pound of weight gain with this prescribed Hills diet, since October 29, 2016 his brother has gained weight as well
JA: Is there anything else you think the vet should know?
Customer: no he was at his doctor in October concerning an ear problem, the doctor examined him throughly and recommended that I apply the Mometamax after cleaning and try the Hills diet of z/d since he'seems to have an yeast problem with his ear, his brother have the skin sensitivities with the ear infection he had an mild but not as severe as his brother and he loves this food he's turned over three times within ten minuets and he's breathing some what faster than usual he is 29 lbs in weight
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/12/2016
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am sorry to see that you haven't heard back from us sooner. How is your companion doing this morning?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I paid the small fee of $ 5.00 to receive a response in a timely manner that which did not happen - instead your response came back with a question I have used this service before and never, never had a problem - please review the problem and address it or please refund the fee that I paid as it was requested in order to receive an answer - my puppy received emergency care from the vet. Thank you

Good morning, Evelyn. Alas, we are often sparsely staffed overnight and it is commonplace for us to ask how your companion is doing now to see what help we can grant. If the situation has changed, it is most useful to both you and to us to know about this so we can help you with what you're seeing currently. So, I'll open with a few questions to help me determine how to best help you from this point forward.

Is your companion still panting despite the ER visit?
How old is he?
Did they perform any thoracic x-rays while he was at the ER?
What breed of dog is he?
Was he on any medication before the panting began? Is he on any now?
Any coughing with the panting?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian