Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Throwing up gace him yellow wax beens is that ok. I gave him

Customer Question
Throwing up gace him yellow...
Throwing up gace him yellow wax beens is that ok
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: yes i gave him a small piece of a payday it had peanuts and a bit of carmal in it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: can they eat yellow string beans?
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Cooper 9 months
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/11/2016
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Which occurred first? The wax beans being consumed or vomiting?

Were these raw? cooked? Did they have anything like butter added?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Wax beans ate first
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can hear his

There is a very good chance that the vomiting is due to the change In diet with the food. Try to give only a few tips from beans at a time.

The first step is to administer a dose of regular pepcid (famotidine) every 12-24 hours. You will want to give 0.5mg/pound of body weight (a 10# ***** would receive 5mg, a 5# ***** would receive 2.5mg, etc). For this, you can visit any human pharmacy and buy the OTC brand name Pepcid, or you can use the cheaper, off-brand “famotidine” that’s available. Either will be useful.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can hear his stomach growling but he is not crying in pain and walking around and going up and down the stairs

Were you able to see my reply above?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I need to know how a dog would act if in pain?

Typically if painful we see that they will vocalize but GI discomfort is common with upsets. He would likely not want his abdomen to be touch, might growl if approached, might also walk hunched up to protect his abdomen, etc. The famotidine as mentioned above should help with the growling stomach noises, as well

Checking in, JACustomer. I didn't hear back from you yesterday. How is your companion doing today? Improvements? Do you need additional assistance?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian