Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Dog has incontinence, she is a standard poodle spayed and I had her checked for hit and had it cultured. She also has

Customer Question
She has incontinence, she is...
She has incontinence, she is a standard poodle spayed and I had her checked for hit and had it cultured. She also has Addison's disease.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the standard poodle?
Customer: She need prion for incontinence I guess I go back to my vet for this.. her urine was fine, he tried antibiotics to make sure and that was not it... so now onto something else
JA: What is the standard poodle's name and age?
Customer: Bella and she is 5
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Bella?
Customer: She does have Addison's disease which I give her an injection every month for and she takes 5mg of prednisone for Addison's also
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/9/2016
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Hello, JACustomer. What question can I answer for you today?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Would proin be a good medicine for her?

Proin is often a very useful medication for dogs that are having difficulty with spincter tone. It's very common for female dogs who are spayed to be placed on this medication. Something to also consider is that the prednisone may play a role in her incontinence as it tends to, even in small dosages, cause a dog to need to urinate more frequently. The decreased bladder fill time can lead to leakage and accidents. It may be worthwhile to give her access outside every 1-2 hours to relieve herself. If this does not help, Proin may increase her ability to effectively control her bladder and for a longer duration.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in. How is Bella?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian