Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I thought my had a tick, then small blood blister on his

Customer Question
I thought my had...
I thought my had a tick , then small blood blister on his chest two weeks ago. Today it looks like a scab that is pinky tip size with with a dark ring around it. What could it be
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Rocco
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Rocco?
Customer: No healthy, lots of energy good appetite
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/7/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Most likely Rocco has a benign skin tumor that has ulcerated and is forming a scab. This could also be caused by some trauma that Rocco had in this area and it is still healing. If this is merely a benign tumor, it will have to be removed by your vet since, once it ulcerates, it will continue to bleed until it is removed. For now, apply Neosporin to this area every 8 hrs in case this is a mild infection. If this heals, then no other treatment will be required. If it does not, then have your vet examine Rocco in case this small mass needs to be removed.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian