Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

We have a senior dog, 12 going on 13 years, who has been on

Customer Question
incontenent meds for almost a...
We have a senior dog, 12 going on 13 years, who has been on incontenent meds for almost a year and successfully. This morning, she has pooped twice and peed in a two hour period and appears dazed. I put her outside where she peed in succession three times and appeared unaware of her surroundings. This has all occurred this am. She was perfectly fine last night.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Jessie
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Jessie?
Customer: She did have a kidney stone early in her life. (This is actually my mother's dog that I now take care of since 2013.)she has a heart murmor that has been ok.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I had to carry her inside. She was lying on her side and while alive, seems to be laboring
11/7/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If you get a request for a phone call, it is from the website and not myself. It is very possible that she has a kidney or bladder infection. It is difficult to say if it is related to the incontinence issues, but it is possible. You cannot completely rule out that this isn't heart related. It is possible that her heart condition has been progressing without noticing many symptoms. She very well could have had a tumor in her abdomen that is bleeding as well. My best advice at this point is to get her in to seen the vet immediately. Her condition doesn't sound good, and I am concerned about her prognosis if she doesn't get immediate veterinary attention. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Hello. I was just following up to see how Jessie is doing and to see if you have any further questions.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian