Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My 1year old dog is on her secound heat and she seems to be

Customer Question
Hi my 1year old dog...
Hi my 1year old dog is on her secound heat and she seems to be very hot and depressed also farts a lot
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Bella
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Bella?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/7/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

These hormone changes during the heat cycle can cause behavior changes and possibly fever. Bella should not be in a second heat cycle since they will usually have their first at 6-9 months and then another 6 months later. If she did have her cycle earky, then this could still be a transitional cycle causing these changes. There is also a possibility that she may have a concurrent infection at the same time as this cycle so if this continues, have your vet check her out. In most cases, however, this will pass and sweet Bella will be fine.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She was born on the 27th of September last year so that makes her secound period very late by two months . She is a lot not eating her biscuits. And she feels very hot like on her ears . Makes sense yes
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm just so worried about her do you think I should take her to the vet tonight she also has been licking her mouth as if she is very dry in her mouth .

I would worry that your sweet Bella may have developed an infection since it does appear that she may have a fever. It is best, ***** ***** is not normal, to have your vet examine sweet Bella just in case. Yes, I do think you should take her to your vet...that is just the safe thing to do for your sweet girl.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok will do thanks heaps do you think she will be ok over night it's 1150 pm here in Australia and I can take her in the morning

Yes, I do think Bella will be ok overnight and taking her in the morning is a good idea ....behavior changes are normal but fever is not usually one of the signs. The heat cycle can suppress the immune system to allow invading organisms to cause an infection that can easily be treated. Please let me know , if you have time, how sweet Bella is doing...Thanks!!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yeah will do thank you very much will get her to the vet first thing in the morning

Excellent!! I am hoping for the best!!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you I will chat to you tommrow

Looking forward to it! Have a great day!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian