Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Last night he suddenly acted scared and confused, and

Customer Question
Last night he suddenly...
Last night he suddenly acted scared and confused, and unstable , and then he rubbed one year with his par and his ear seemed to twitch. He's been sleeping but he continues to rub ear when he wakes and changes position.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Joe, he is 50lbs, mix of Australian shepherd and boxer and lab
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Joe?
Customer: He's in good health otherwise and about 4 years old.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/7/2016
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Any head shaking?

Can you attach a video of what he's doing?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He's been sleeping a lot; he shakes his head kind of regularly so I can't say he's doing it more than normal. He just went for a walk with me and he's not his peppy self. He did eat a part of pizza slice that was left on a tray when we went into kitchen last night.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He is just sleeping now. Previously he was walking kind of crooked and would go towards door and then towards wall, then back almost into wall-- like he was totally disoriented. It is better now. Now he just seems lethargic.

I can wait for a video, there's no rush. I'll be on today whenever you're able to load one.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian