Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Wow. i can really ask you a question? can i upload an image?

Customer Question

wow. i can really ask you a question? can i upload an image?
JA: Is the dog in any pain? Is it behaving differently?
Customer: yes. tonight she is sequestering herself in a crate, which is unusual. I just noticed she looked thinner so I weighed her and her weight is down about 30% from normal but the reason for my question is her back is covered with flat dark brown spots. My vet is a***** and I am going to try to get her in on Tuesday. 8 year old champion spayed shih tzu: Kiddie.
JA: Have there been any changes in the dog's appearance or diet?
Customer: yes on appearance: the spots i mentioned and the sudden weight loss. no change in diet. i feed Core Wellness.
JA: Is there anything else you think the vet should know?
Customer: I'd like to upload a photo of the spots on her back. is that possible?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't recall being asked for my email address. Please send to this email: ******@*********** (this is different than my PayPal email address, which I can no longer receive email at).
I was asked to pay a $5 deposit and an additional amount if my question was answered making it $19. When I selected PayPal as my method of payment, the amount of the invoice jumped up to $19.
I am a newbie here. I didn't even search out this website, it popped up as I was browsing Google Image search for "shih tzu melanoma"
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My PayPal email address is ************@********. Please do not reply to that email, as I can no longer receive email at that address. Correct email for response: ******@**************
~thank you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am confused. I'm new here. I was shown a photo of a female vet tech who took my question, and it also displayed a photo of a male vet with a red shirt on (sorry, I did not catch either one of their names) and I was told he was standing by to answer my question. As requested, I paid $19 via PayPal. It's been nearly an hour now. What happened to the vet tech and the vet I was to be communicating with?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
this is not helpful. if the vet is no longer available, as indicated in my initial chat, i am going to log off and cancel my payment.
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 10 months ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am a Moderator for this topic. I am very sorry for the long wait and the confusion. I will continue to look for an expert who can assist you with your particular concerns about kiddie. I have refunded your duplicate question for you. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Camille- Mod
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 10 months ago.

1) When did the weight loss begin?
2) When did these spots appear?
3) Is there hair loss associated with each or just pigment?
4) Can you provide a picture showing the spot against the skin?
5) Os she still eating well despite the weight loss?
6) Any history of illness or injury?
7) Any itching or licking?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Dear JustAnswer Mod,Thank you for your delayed reply.When I submitted my question, the screen displayed at least half a dozen DVM (Vets) available to "answer now." It was many hours later by the time my question received a response. Yet your website says you have email customer support 24/7. It was also many hours later that I received a reply from PitRottMommy, a Veterinary Nurse who shows a 2-star rating by a total of 13 customers. I asked for--and your website indicated I would have-- a response from an actual vet doctors, not a Vet Nurse with a disappointingly low rating. While I thank PitRottMommy for her eventual reply, she was not the type of expert I requested, so I am not going to continue the conversation she began by asking me 7 follow-up questions.I do not find it fair to rate this expert, since this expert was not a qualified DVM that I requested, the reply came many hours late, and there was no response to my question--only more questions for me. If you insist on a rating, I would give her a 2 for effort and courtesy, not for an actual response to my question, which was not provided.My first JustAnswer experience (which will be my last experience) was not a success, and I am requesting a refund of my prepaid $19 fee at this time. I see you refunded the second $19 fee I paid already, but I am now asking for you to refund the initial $19 fee I paid (my initial question went unanswered for over an hour, so I had to repay and resubmit my question, as at the time I initially paid, my screen showed me a specific vet who was "standing by to answer my question." Meanwhile, I saw many questions being answered by other vets online, while my question was ignored.This is my first, and will be my last experience with JustAnswer. There were multiple failures on this request. I did not come to your website intentionally, but was drawn there by your website, which popped-up when I was searching google images for "shih tzu melanoma".Please confirm the second $19 refund at this time.Respectfully,
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Dear Mod,Please close this file and refund the $19 fee. I do not wish to continue at this time.Respectfully,