Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

He swallowed a Tamsulosin pill ( generic Flowmax) vomiting

Customer Question

He swallowed a Tamsulosin pill ( generic Flowmax) vomiting and shaking, stumbling can't walk
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: He committed and has stopped shaking
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 8 months ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Hello again

I have very quickly worked out an answer for you below.

1. The problem you face is that this drug can negative side effects on a dog's heart and blood pressure, if this happens you can expect the dog to be weak or act like he's drunk as seems to be happening in your dog's case.

2. This is potentially a serious situation so your best course of action is to take him to an ER vet without delay.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.