Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My daughter is watching my dogs since I have had surgery she

Customer Question

My daughter is watching my dogs since I have had surgery she just let me know while into the shower one of my two g oops two Yorkies at a tampin Tampon...one is 7lbs and one is 8 lbs what shoud we do
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your dog?
Customer: I just want to cry my little girl dog has problem with her kidneys and I know surgery will kills her!
JA: The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the veterinarian. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Eva and Sid
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Eva?
Customer: She had pancritice and she has to be feed special food...I can't believe she would do this I have never had a provle with either of them Sid has no health issue. She is 10 and he is 11
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't know who are it or what to do...I have to have mayor surgery again Wednesday ...I am very worried they are so little and the string could kill them
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We just fed them wet food...the girl dog threw up..just the food and then ate a little more and did not throw up..the boy dog
Has no issues yet
Expert:  Dr. John replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If you get a request for a phone call, it is from the website and not myself. So you are left with a couple options here. You can induce vomiting by giving 2 teaspoons of 3% hydrogen peroxide orally. If there is no vomiting in 10 minutes, it can be repeated. If there is no vomiting, or the tampon doesn't come up, then they need to get to the emergency vet ASAP. They may be able to retrieve it with an endoscope. If not, then surgery would be needed. Even with the kidney problems, anesthesia can still be safe. They just need to take all the precautions with proper drug choices, monitoring and fluid therapy. If surgery is not pursued, then she will die from an obstruction anyway, so the risk of anesthesia has to be the lesser of two evils at that point. The vet may be able to tell which one ate it with an x-ray or ultrasound. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Hello. I was just following up to see how Eva and Sid are doing and to see if you have further questions.