Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Miniature poodle keeps squatting trying to pee and diarrhea.

Customer Question

miniature poodle keeps squatting trying to pee and diarrhea. took to vet gave antibiotics for possible uti and pain medicine and appetite stimulant. 2 days later now she is laboring to walk on hind legs and very gethargic. her top half seems fine but her bottom half week esp left side and doesn't want to bend her knees. vet check knees and ok and pancreatic ok. blood work came in ok and spine. keeps licking at her bottom which now looks like bad rash. when i touched her chest this am she gave big wheezing noise.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about the miniature poodle?
Customer: 9 years ol but healthy. the other night when this started our other dog came in and threw up smelled like he was eating next door stray cat poop then our poodle went poop pee in our house which is not like her and then next night very restless and diarhear in the house and pee all over in small spots. now it is getting worse as she can't walk and very lethargic. thank you
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Does she still have urinary straining and diarrhea despite treatment?

Can you tell me the names of the medications she is specifically on just now?

Has her vet started any treatment for the rash?