Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My puppy little big girl stopped eating 3 days ago she tried

Customer Question
a couple times but throws...
My puppy little big girl stopped eating 3 days ago she tried a couple times but throws it up and she drinks vary little but throws it up to and she has diarrhea she is 9 weeks and she has been wormed and had her 5 in 1 at 6 wks and just had her 9 in 1 2 days before she dog sick. What do I do for her what's wrong with her
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/5/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Altman, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today! Please give me a few moments to type my response and I will be right back!

I am so very sorry that your little girl is having such serious problems at such a young age. I would very strongly urge you get her to a veterinary clinic asap. If she is vomiting even water she is going to become more and more dehydrated and giving her more water will simply result in further vomiting.

She needs injectable medications to by pass the stomach to stop the vomiting as well as iv fluids to rehydrate her and even though she has been vaccinated she is still high risk for parvo and distemper and these need to be ruled out asap to begin appropriate therapy as well as rule out a potential foreign body or intususpeption (the intestines tubing into themselves) which requires more intense treatment.

Please at 9 weeks she simply doesn't have the reserves of a big dog and requires more care than can occur at home for her, please consider getting her to a veterinary clinic asap

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thank you and best wishes to you and little big girl.

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier, how is your little one doing today? Were you able to get her to a veterinarian last night? I would love an update when you are able...

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today

If the information I have provided was helpful I would be grateful if you would rate our chat at the top of the screen so I am compensated for my time. Thank you and best of luck to you both, truly!

Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian