Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

She starting vomiting I'm the middle of the night last night.JA:

Customer Question

She starting vomiting I'm the middle of the night last night.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: It's very watery, and about an hour and a half ago she had very bad diarrhea.
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** I just got her but was told she between 4-5 months old
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Ali?
Customer: She will not eat but is still drinking But it seems every time she drinks she vomits about 5 mins later I did call a vet near me but they told me that they do not do a payment plan but I could apply for care credit but my husband was denied
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
She's usually very active but not today, she will still get up and walk if I stand her on the floor
Expert:  Rebecca replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about Ali.

Has she been vaccinated for things like Parvo virus, and Distemper virus? These are viral diseases that can cause vomiting and diarrhea, mostly in young dogs.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 11 months ago.

Check her gums, are they pink in color?

She may have eaten something she shouldn't, or have an infection that clears on its own in a day or so. However, if she has parvo virus, she may get very sick before she gets better. Don't try feeding her for now, but try to keep her hydrated by offering ice chips, water, broth, Pedialyte.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 11 months ago.

You can try Pepcid AC (famotidine) for the vomiting. How much does she weigh?