Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My yorkie has a growing bright red sore on her left paw pad

Customer Question
between the toes. Have...
My yorkie has a growing bright red sore on her left paw pad between the toes. Have had various meds &directions past 2 months, but it ois still there and growing. Vet wants to do a biopsy.
Any idea what is wrong here?
Thanks...my name is ***** ***** Cujo
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/4/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Lyndsey Kingsley,
 replied 1 year ago
Lyndsey Kingsley

Hi, My name is***** and I am here to help

Dog Veterinarian: Lyndsey Kingsley,
 replied 1 year ago

Can you describe to sore? Is it bleeding? Painful? Is she licking it or any of her other toes? I am trying to determine if this is an infection, a tumor (benign or malignant), or something else

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It does bleed intermittently. She does lick it so i put a cone on her to block that. There is no involvement with other paws. It does not seem to cause her pain as far as I can tdell.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
3 It is still there and larger-about 5/8 inch. She has stopped eating entirely and sleeps 23 hours a day. She is dehydrated i think but drinks a lot of water when she gets up. Is she dying?
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian