Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I am looking if I can buy the antiobotic ceftriaxone 200mg

Customer Question
I am looking if I...
I am looking if I can buy the antiobotic ceftriaxone 200mg without a script. My dog who has skin issues clears up well with this. He is allergic to the air we breath and when he has an outbreak he gets a skin infection. It has been the same for 4 years now. I am trying not to bring him in
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations your dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Barney
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Barney?
Customer: he is 14 years old
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/3/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Ola Barrett,
 replied 1 year ago
Ola Barrett

Hello, I am Dr Ola B.. This site is meant specifically for licensed veterinarians to give you medical advice and point you in the right direction for your pet. Unfortunately, it is unlawful for a veterinarian to provide a medical script without a "patient-client" relationship; meaning they have seen, examined the pet and done proper diagnoses to warrant that any medication is needed. It is possible that the skin issues your dog is having currently is called by a different organism than previous skin condition; thereby warranting a different medication. I would recommend an appointment with correct diagnostics tests (including skin cytology to rule out bacterial presents and/or yeast present, skin scrape to rule out presence of Demodectic or Sarcoptic mange and Wood's Lamp/DTM culture to rule out ringworm) and a thorough physical examination to rule out other medical conditions that may be contributing to the skin problem.

If your dog has been previously prescribed this medication in the past, you may try to contact that particular veterinarian to provide you with a refill prescription. However, it is likely that he/she will want to re-examine you pet and follow the correct protocol for dispensing and/or prescribing medications.

I hope this advice was helpful to you. Please let me know if you need clarification on anything or have other questions about this. Also, please do not forget to rate my answer which I hope you found to be "excellent." You may do this by clicking "rate our conversation" below (Your rating is the only means of compensation I receive for answering your question). Again, let me know if I can help you further:)

Dog Veterinarian: Ola Barrett,
 replied 1 year ago

.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was supposed to be charged 5.00 for this service. Now I see 2 charges one for 5.00 and one for 14.00. What is this for
Ola Barrett
Ola Barrett
Ola Barrett