Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Thete

Customer Question

Hi thete
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 10 months ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

But before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer for me, so could you please answer the following :

1. Please give me a detailed account of your concerns regarding Pash's health issues.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi there,my puppy is sick dosent eat and once in while he cry

How long has this been going on ?

Are there any other symptoms of any kind { no matter how minor } ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
He dosent eat at all and once in a while he cry

How long has this been going on { how many days } ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's been 4 days now.first day he was vomiting and dairih now he is ok with that

Thanks for that, I will start typing up an initial reply for you now ...

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No he dosent play too he kind of set and look around

Hello again Nageed,

Sorry to hear Pash is feeling unwell, however I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. Having read your question through I have to say that what you should do just to be on the safe side is have a vet check Pash over sooner rather than later. The reason I say this is that while the symptoms you describe would not allow me or any other vet to pin this down to any one particular disease via the internet the fact that he is lethargic and has a much reduced appetite as well as his other symptoms makes me think that it is possible that he is running a temperature and so may be in the grip of some kind of infection. This would be the commonest cause of what you are seeing in this age group although of course other diagnosis are also possible.

2. I normally like to suggest home remedies if I can do this safely but in your case I think it is not worth the risk as it could well be that prescription drugs such as antibiotics would be what is urgently needed if Pash is indeed running a temperature. In the meantime until you can get him to a vet all you can do is to keep him comfortable and reassured and make sure he is getting fluids regularly.

3. However I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if his condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

I am sorry I cannot safely give you any more specific advice via the internet.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How do we know that he has fever.he dosent feel hot.it looks like to me from being a mom that he has gass problem what do you think

Sadly the only way you are going to be sure about a probable high temperature is to use a rectal thermometer, other ways such as as feeling the body or looking at the nose are very unreliable. I doubt if this is anything as simple as a gas problem as these usually pass in a few hours in the dog.

Given the time scale here it would really be best to have a vet check him over ...

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again Nageed,

I am just checking back in to see how Pash is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning his health issues ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hi Nageed,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Pash. How is everything going?