Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

He's been losing weight for about a year despite eating

Customer Question
regularly. He has some type...
He's been losing weight for about a year despite eating regularly. He has some type of tumors on him that burst and get infected.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: He's over 10 we believe. He's deathly afraid of vehicles and strange people. I don't know that he will allow me to get him in our car to go to the vet. Last time he went, he wouldn't let me near him for 2 weeks.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/31/2016
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) When was the last time that blood work was performed?
2) Have you considered having a mobile vet come to your home so he doesn't have to ride in the car?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

I wasn't aware mobile vets existed. he had blood work done a couple of years ago and had a clean Bill of health then.

Considering his condition, he still moves around well.

Yes, mobile vets are becoming more common for both the convenience the owner and the pet. Often we see that owners who have scared dogs or fractious cats have the best luck with mobile vets who can come to an area where the pet feels most secure. If you need help finding one, post back your city, state and zip code. I'll be happy to help.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Shallotte, NC 28470

Here are the mobile vets I found in your general vicinity:

1) http://noplacelikehomemobilepetvet.weebly.com
2) http://www.docatyourdoorsc.com

Kathy, were you able to reach out to any of these vets?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian