Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I have a 12 yr. old Pom male that has loose bowels for the

Customer Question
last two weeks. I've...
I have a 12 yr. old Pom male that has loose bowels for the last two weeks. I've given him Immodium 1/2 tablet every 12 hrs. and ProPectalin. Nothing seems to work. He acts normal with everything else, eat drinking playing ect.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Sorry. 12yr. old male Pomerain
JA: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?
Customer: Yes. My Pom has loose bowel movement for the last 2 weeks.
JA: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about and ProPectalin?
Customer: I dont think so. The dosage is 3 units one at nite and one during the day
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/30/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Jennifer Welsh,
 replied 1 year ago
Jennifer Welsh

Hello! I am Dr Welsh and I am happy to help with your questions today. I am sorry that your pup isn't feeling well. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this. I have just a few additional questions for you so that I can make the best recommendation.

any new food or treats?

what is his current diet?

any access to free standing water, puddles, lakes, streams, anything like that?

any other meds or illness?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No meds , no new treats he eats 4 Health dog food, water comes from a bottle. I have a Yorkie that eats and drinks the same as he does.
Dog Veterinarian: Jennifer Welsh,
 replied 1 year ago

thank you for that additional information. has he been to the vet recently and had and diagnostics yet?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian