Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog is losing hair on his neck I have removed his collar

Customer Question
and it seems that the...
my dog is losing hair on his neck I have removed his collar and it seems that the hair is not growing back
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/30/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Any changes to the skin (ie pustules, pimples, redness, crusts/scaling, ulcers, or sores)?
Is he scratching or itching this area?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
area is behind his ears on the neck and no he does not seem to to be scratching the skin looks some what normal there was som pimple like when it sratred and the local vet swees them out and they have not came back . Welive in Fl part time and that is when it started vet there said maybe some kind of alergeery(I don't spell) he just with though a dose of Primor 800 I think this his his second time with this drug. Local vet does not what it is?

Thank you,

Can you take a photo of this as it will let me see what you are seeing? To post online, you can use the paperclip icon above your text box. Or if you can't see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on any other site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what is the email address
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i have pics ready where do i send

Hi again,

We cannot provide an email as it is against website policy, but again the paperclip button on this page is for uploading photos. Or you can upload them to any site and paste the link here for me to follow.

Dr. B.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
zxi am setting up a flicker acount now please give me some time

No worries,

I will keep an eye out for your next post.

Dr. B.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hey Dr. I finally got a Flicker account I am uploading Photos now will get back to you when done
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the one of Buddy's neck is there how do you get to see it now?

That is great, just copy/paste the page link for the photo here for me to follow.

Dr. B.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
okay i sent it from i phone
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
did u get it?

No, I cannot see any link here from you. Can you resend it (just paste the www. address for me).

Dr. B.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I give up I just don't know how to do this stuff anymore
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian