Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog appears to be dry heaving and then hacking after a

Customer Question
My dog appears to be...
My dog appears to be dry heaving and then
hacking after a while. It's like he keeps swallowing hard and licking and like he want to spit up in his mouth. He seems to be licking his nose and a curtain nearby. He just relieved a small bit of gas. But that's it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/30/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Hello, again, my name is***** will do my best to help you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has this been going on?

2- Any pre existing medical conditions?

3- Did he get into anything?

4- Can you open his mouth and look under his tongue, teeth, gums, etc. to make sure there is nothing stuck?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is been going on for about 45 minutes. He is I have any pre-existing medical conditions as far as I know. It was just laying on the L sectional couch with me and my brother in the corner . I did spray on my legs some insight repellent the cutter insect for fillet with DEET in it dried on my legs and I lay down and he was at my feet. Because I was getting bit by possibly fleas. He is looking things right now. He did throw up soon. Quite a bit. After I give him some water to drink.

1- What was in the vomit?

2- Is he still dry heaving?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still heaving and hacking every now and then. I think some foam white and some red pieces from some food of his.

1- Is he like hacking/gagging?

2- Has he been around unfamiliar dogs like in a dog park, kennel, etc. in the last week or so?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian