Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Dog has these scaly clumps in her fur and has licked herself raw in her groin. She nipped me when I tried to look at her

Customer Question
She has these white scaly...
She has these white scaly clumps in her fur and has licked herself raw in her groin. She nipped me when I tried to look at her groin.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she is 11. German Shepard
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sasha?
Customer: She takes pills so the lawn is not brown and for pain in her joints.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/29/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian

Hello and thank you for asking your question. My name is***** will try to help.

It sounds like she is allergic to something. Normally it is food, flea saliva, or something in the environment. Can you tell me the name of her joint medication please? How much does she weigh? How long has she had the skin issues?

Right. Either you will have to treat his eyes or the vet will have to treat his eyes. But most likely it is going to take more then one day of treatment. So I was thinking if you do not feel comfortable then maybe the vet could do it. But that would also depend on if anyone can touch him. The vet does have tranquilizers they can give him.

Please excuse the comments about the cats eyes. The computer took over and put that in the wrong spot and it is not letting me remove it.

Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian