Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

Thanks Doctor: My 26 lbs whippet/mix accidentally took the

Customer Question

thanks Doctor: My 26 lbs whippet/mix accidentally took the vetmedin 2.5,mg ( 1/2) lasix 12.5 mg ( 1/2) and enalapril 5mg. (1/2) combo I give my 10 lb min pin for his enlarged heart condition. He took it from him and swallowed it. the whippet is in good health and no issues Will he be ok? I am not where I have peroxide induce any vomiting. took it 5 minutes ago. thanks youl
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Benelli is his name and he is 3 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about name?
Customer: He seems fine and does not have any health issues. Is eating et...It has been about 15 minutes since he took it.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Now with Benelli being the larger dog, this works in our favour since these are all underdosings for his weight. Therefore, we'd expect no harm here. He may show short term increased thirst/urination, gut upset, or lethargy; but this should settle within 24 hours. So, we'd just want to keep an eye, allow him access to water and frequent trips to urinate. Any gut upsetand we can consider offering a light diet option like cooked white rice with boiled chicken, boiled white fish, scrambled egg, or meat baby food (as long as its free from garlic or onion powder) until he settles.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, please rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thanks so much. That is good news.....appreciate the help
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 9 months ago.

You are very welcome, my dear.

I am glad I could give you peace of mind here. :)

Have a lovely weekend,

Dr. B.

**Afterwards, please rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )