Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Had dog to vet today because she kicke in jaw by cow

Customer Question

had dog to vet today because she kicke in jaw by cow yesterday and this morning she bleeding a little through mouth found out had a little place on tongue in he stitch but also said she had been poisoned by what we put out mouse poisoning on the farm he gave her something to keep her quiet and some vitamin k to give for us to give to her tonight she is bleeding from her mouth more than she had been before my husband said it is from where he stitched it and i said from internal bleeding from the poisoning my question is what do we do
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Did the vet diagnose mouse poison exposure by testing her blood's clotting factors?

What dose of Vitamin K has she had and how much does she weigh?

Are her gums pink or pale/white?