Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My other dogs attacked him, We washed the blood and dirt off

Customer Question
My other dogs attacked him JA...
My other dogs attacked him
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?
Customer: We washed the blood and dirt off of him. He's got puncture wounds on his arms, and ears
JA: Is the dog bleeding a lot?
Customer: It is not gushing but there is blood I have him on towels in the tub and covered because he was shaking
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Max about 6ish he was a stray that came in to our yard
JA: How old is Max?
Customer: around 6
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Max?
Customer: They attacked him before but he was almost healed from that one
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How can I tell if he will survive until I can get him to the vet in the morning?
His paws are cold does mean anything
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He is breathing heavily, but not panting
He will lift his head every once in a while
The attack happened about 3-4 hours ago and my vet is not open so all I can do is try to make him comfortable until 7:30
10/27/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Any deep wounds or tears of the tissues under the skin?

Are his gums pink or pale/white?
Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count your dog’s breaths for 10 seconds + multiply that by 6)?

Can you take a photo of this to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me to have a peek.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian