Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

She is a 13 month Chesapeake bay retriever and for the past

Customer Question
6 months, she has had...
She is a 13 month Chesapeake bay retriever and for the past 6 months, she has had a bald spot on the base of her tail she was treated for staph and it was cured, but the bald spot remains. The skin is not irritated, but the hair does not grow back
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Cadey
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cadey?
Customer: I use her actively in the field, but she is a family dog when not working with me
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/26/2016
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share some pictures of the area and tell me more about the original problem and treatment.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian