Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

He seems like he's having pain, he's a daschund male, 13 yrs

Customer Question
old, recently had his teeth...
he seems like he's having pain, he's a daschund male, 13 yrs old, recently had his teeth extracted 3 weeks ago, did well and perked up last few weeks after that, has hx of heart murmur on lasix and on rimadal for arthritis pain and has had occasional back pain but few days ago he was walking more hunched, pee'd in my room and on a rug and then tonight on his blanket he was sleeping on and seemed to perk up the last 2 days when i gave him rimidal BID instead of once daily but today didnt seem to make a difference, he has had no vomiting, slight loose stools/non-bloody or severe since completing antibiotics and eating/drinking well still, walking slower..seems to just want to lay around, back feels hot to the touch as well
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: i dont think so
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/26/2016
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Has he had any x-rays performed on his spine recently?
2) How much does he weigh?
3) How much rimadyl is being given at each dose?
4) Is he on any medication aside from rimadyl and lasix?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian