Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog has a semi large lump under his eye, Duke 12, He's a lab pit mix, so Idk if its just something his breed gets

Customer Question
He has a semi...

He has a semi large lump under his eye

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name and age?

Duke 12

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Duke?

He's a lab pit mix, so Idk if its just something his breed gets

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/25/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

A lump under the eye should trigger examination of Duke's maxillary teeth arcade for a fractured 4th premolar or 1st molar which is now abscessed and the infection has fistulated through bone to under the eye. There are other causes of lumps, however. Can you upload a photo(s) of this lump to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.