Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Blondie has a blister under her tongue and her tongue is

Customer Question
Blondie has a blister...
Blondie has a blister under her tongue and her tongue is very swollen, lots of mucus.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** is about 8 months old.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Blondie?
Customer: She is a yard dog. she is in much discomfort.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/25/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Cambria Hurlimann,
 replied 1 year ago
Cambria Hurlimann

I'm so sorry to hear that Blondie is having discomfort. It sounds like she really should be taken to your vet for evaluation. Swellings under the tongue can be several things, including abscesses, or sialoceles (saliva gland issues), or could be from penetration by a foreign object or even a sting from an insect or bite from another animal. There is nothing really that you can do at home, and it would be best for a professional to examine her and decided if it is something that needs immediate intervention.

Good luck,

Dr. Cami

Dr. Hurlimann

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks!!!
Dog Veterinarian: Cambria Hurlimann,
 replied 1 year ago

You are very welcome.

Dog Veterinarian: Cambria Hurlimann,
 replied 1 year ago

I am curious to learn how Blondie is doing, please give me an update if/when it is convenient for you.

Also, would you please take a moment to rate my consult, I only receive credit for my advice once a rating of 3 stars is received.

Best Regards,

Dr. Cami

Cambria Hurlimann
Cambria Hurlimann
Cambria Hurlimann