Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

He seems to be suffering from an allergy to flea bites. He

Customer Question
He seems to be suffering...
He seems to be suffering from an allergy to flea bites. He no longer has fleas but his skin is irritated and he constantly is scratching.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Moose, age 3
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Moose?
Customer: He needs a rabies shot
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/25/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Hello, again, my name is***** will do my best to help you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is he licking or gnawing at a particular area? If so, is there a sore?

2- How much does he weigh?

3- Any pre existing medical conditions?

4- How long has this been going on?

5- Is he currently on any medications?

6- What are you using for fleas?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Specifically, his underbelly. The area looks scratched and red. Where I applied the medicine on the back of the neck looks like he is losing his hair. I used the Pet Smart equivalent to Sentinel flea treatment. He is currently on no medication.

1- How long has this been going on?

2- How much does he weigh?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian