Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

She has an ear infection.. I am not able to take her to the

Customer Question

She has an ear infection.. I am not able to take her to the vets due to not having the money. I do how ever have some Augmentin 875-125mg can I give her this
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Jersey she is 8
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Jersey?
Customer: No she just has ear infection frequently, but this one is the worst I have seen
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 9 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

How much does Jersey weigh?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Around 40 pounds
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can't afford the 28 dollars.. This is only costing me 5 dollars correct
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Are you still there
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello

I do not have any connection to billing information. I only work with customers like yourself.

She can take a quarter tablet twice daily for 7-14 days. I will warn you that oral meds are typically not elected for ear infections and we tend to use ear medications, instead. That said, there's no reason to believe that oral meds may not help her.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you.. I was told that I can mix up some apple cider vinegar w water and clean her ear out that way.. Is that correct

You can. To date, I have not seen it provided a great deal of relief to the companion, but some owners believe that it does. I tend to believe the benefits are limited, especially if there is a substantial fungal or bacterial infection.

This is my preferred ear flush: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=27361&cmpid=01cseYY&gclid=Cj0KEQjw4rbABRD_gfPA2-uQqroBEiQA58MNdG1u09-ujBLMpDyEN79thqzG8-JDmM6RhcyIqcfqjZcaAk6n8P8HAQ