Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I was looking around to see what a good dose of eleuthero

Customer Question
might be for my pug...
I was looking around to see what a good dose of eleuthero might be for my pug. he has cancer and is on prednisone. i think he could use some adrenal support. also, thought it was wrecking his stomach but it turned out to be chicken (which I usually hadn't given him). She said I could d=go from 10 mg a day to 5 mg a day. Im thinking I might alternate 10 and 5 for a while. He's had different doses and has just been through a lot lately. My goal is to help him even out in terms of his gut and also in his energy before the inevitable decline happens. thats the long story.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Yogi, 10.5 years. pug.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Yogi?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 day by:
10/25/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Christi Belew, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Christi Belew
Christi Belew, Veterinarian

Hello, my name is***** will need to find a veterinarian in your area that practices chinese herbal medicine. The difficulty is that most of us do not use those herbs and do not know how it interacts with other medications.

If you visit this website https://www.tcvm.com/ it should list all veterinarians who have completed the program and can better advise with that herb.

If I have answered your questions, please kindly rate me (this is how I am compensated for my time). If not, please reply back and I am happy to answer additional questions. Thank you.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Christi Belew
Christi Belew
Christi Belew
Christi Belew, Veterinarian