Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I took my dog to the vet for its yearly physical about 3

Customer Question
Hi, I took my dog...
Hi, I took my dog to the vet for its yearly physical about 3 months ago. the only problem was she had some dry rashes on her back which the vet said was due to allergies and should use Benadryl and Neosporin ointment. the rashes seem to be coming in a bigger area now and has the look like a ringworm
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Billie Jean, thank you
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Billie Jean?
Customer: no, she is healthy, got all her shots and no other complaints
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/21/2016
Dog Veterinarian: John Clark,
 replied 1 year ago
John Clark

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am the veterinarian. This could be ringworm but may be a bacterial infection that will clear up with antibiotics. In order to determine that you would still need to go to see your vet. There are over the counter products that can help with ringworm but if it ends up being a bacterial infection they will not work.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can I get a prescription for cavan ox please?
Dog Veterinarian: John Clark,
 replied 1 year ago

It is impossible to do that without a client-patient-relationship. You can call your veterinarian and ask them to call in a prescription for amoxicillin to a local pharmacy. That is a relatively cheap if not free medication that may be enough to deal with superficial pyoderrma. However, they may ask to see your dog first to try and differentiate between ringworm and pyoderma.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you!
Dog Veterinarian: John Clark,
 replied 1 year ago

You are welcome. Good luck!

John Clark
John Clark
John Clark