Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

Is it OK to give a 90 # Siberian Huskie 400 mgs of Motrin

Customer Question

Is it OK to give a 90 # Siberian Huskie 400 mgs of Motrin for pain from good ole Arthur.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Diesel/ 9 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Diesel?
Customer: No, he just has problems with getting up from the hind legs. Once he's up, he bounces around like a puppie and run through the woods with no problem
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello & welcome. I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

In regards ***** ***** question, you cannot give Diesel Motrin at all. Ibuprofen is dangerous in dogs and can lead to gut upset, perforating or bleeding stomach ulcers and even kidney damage. If he is sore, it would be best to have his local vet dispense a dog safe pain relief option like Rimadyl, Onsior, Metacam, or Previcox. Or if he has no health issues and is on no other medication, one can use buffered Aspirin (More Info/Dose HERE) in a pinch but if is is having issues with his joints it would be better to have one of those strong dog specific options on hand to use when he needs it. But again please do not give Motrin since we don't want to cause him harm when we are trying to help him.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Customer: replied 11 months ago.