Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Im not sure he's been throwing for 2 days now and he hasnt

eaten and his sister is...
Im not sure he's been throwing for 2 days now and he hasnt eaten and his sister is now sleeping more than normal and she eaten in 2 days they are 3 month ild chihuahuas
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Ross and mini
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ross?
Customer: Hes been drinking pedialyte and has the dry heaves but hes stillnit eating
10/19/2016
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Hello, again, my name is***** will do my best to help you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Did they get into anything?

2- Any diarrhea?

3- How long since the last time he vomited?

4- Is he lethargic?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1. Bathroom trash
2. No
3. 2 hours ago
4. No

Did they eat the paper?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They get into everything more than likely

I am sorry that you are having this problem with your puppies. Please give me 5-10 minutes to type your answer.

Friend, vomiting can be caused by many different medical conditions. It will be difficult for me to determine the exact underlying cause without a hands-on examination and some testing, I am sorry. But, in a puppy, common causes are dietary indiscretion, intestinal parasites, ingestion of a foreign body, infections, etc. to name a few causes. The fact that they have a history of getting in the trash we strongly need to consider the possibility of a foreign body in the intestinal tract. I am going to make some recommendations below, but, I am also going to strongly recommend a hands-on examination with your family veterinarian. If possible, I would have them checked today. In the meantime, this is what you can do:

1- Do not give things like Pepto Bismol or Imodium. Give them 1-2 teaspoon of honey, karo or pancake syrup directly into their mouth to avoid hypoglycemia (low blood sugar).

2- No food or water for 2-3 hours. Need to give their gastrointestinal tract time to rest.

3- After 2-3 hours offer a small amount of water. Wait half hour, if no vomiting, offer a small amount of rice (50%) and boiled boneless chicken or ground beef (50%) 4-6 times a day.

4- Follow up with your family veterinarian for a hands on examination.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Dr. Peter

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thanks

You're welcome. :)

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian