Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

All my PEK will eat besides our food is Braunswager is this

Customer Question
ok JA: I'm sorry to hear...
All my PEK will eat besides our food is Braunswager is this ok
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Pickinize
JA: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?
Customer: yes my Dog
JA: How old is Pickinize?
Customer: 2yr
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Pickinize?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/18/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry to hear of this with Pickinize. If the majority of her diet were braunschweiger (pork liver sausage), she would become nutritionally imbalanced; hypervitaminosis A is a significant risk. As a portion of a home cooked diet, however, it shouldn't be a problem. Are you interested in cooking a balanced home-cooked diet for her? Please let me know. I have recipes with liver, chicken, ground beef, eggs, cottage cheese, or tofu as primary protein sources.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
a recipe please

Which protein source(s) do you think Pickinize would like?

I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow me to speak to customers by phone in this venue but other experts in this category may be able to assist you in this regard. Please let me know if you'd like another expert to do so and I'll opt out of this conversation. Please stay in the conversation if you wish.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian