Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

She went in the house today (never does) and there appear to

Hi she went in the...
Hi she went in the house today (never does) and there appear to be tiny drops of blood in it. She also vomited this morning, however that is not uncommon as she has digestive problems.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: Not that I can find. There is nothing she can get to.
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is***** is 10 months old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Layla?
Customer: She does have digestive issues. She's on a prescription dog food.
10/18/2016
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Hello again, My name is***** will do my best to help you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Where is the blood coming from?

2- What is the name of the food she is on?

3- Is she lethargic?

4- How long since the last time she vomited?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not sure where the blood is coming from. I did not see her go it was one the floor like drops where she went.She is on royal canin gastrointestinal high energy foodShe is not lethargicShe vomited about an hour ago but not for a few weeks before that

Have you checked her body, paws, etc. to see if she has any cuts?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can't find any

I hate to ask this, but, are you sure the blood is coming from her?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nobody else was up. We got up with her and found the mess.

1- What was in the vomit?

2- Any diarrhea with blood?

3- Can you look around her anal sphincter for evidence of blood?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There was just dog food in her vomit. She has not had a bowel movement today. There does not appear to be any blood or cuts.

Friend, I am going to opt out so another expert can comment. I don't think I could be of much help in this case without a hands-on examination, I am sorry.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

I'll follow up for Dr. Peter for you. The proper manner in which to proceed is to simply observe Layla's behavior - particularly for continued vomiting and the quality of her stools. Her diet should be kept constant and no drugs administered at this time. Once we have a "track record" of her behavior we can decide if continuing to "watchful wait" is appropriate or, instead, Layla needs the attention of her vet. May I have an update on Layla, please?

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian