Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I have ten year old deaf whippet. He had a wart on his right

Customer Question
elbow which has turned into...
I have ten year old deaf whippet. He had a wart on his right elbow which has turned into a weeping wound. I have applied castor oil oinment, collodial silver and Manuka Honey, but nothing works. If I keep him in a protective collar it seems to dry a bit but as soon as I take the collar off he licks it. He also has a slight heart murmor. My local vet wants to put him under, but I know how dangerous this can be. His brother also had a heart murmor and was literally killed by a cortisone injection, so I am trying anything topical, or diet and immune boosting to get this wound to heal. it weeps a lot but it seems to have no effect on his general health to date. Is ther anything you can suggest.Please
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is the whippet bleeding a lot?
Customer: No. Only when he licks it and only for a short while.
JA: Phew. What is the whippet's name?
Customer: Angel Puppy. But he is deaf...as I said.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Angel?
Customer: I think I covered it in the two paragraphs.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/16/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have not received an answer yet?

I'm sorry for the delay. I was called away from my computer. Can you upload a photo(s) of this "wart" to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian