Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My 18 pound cavapoo just ingested 2 20mg prozac and a 10mg

Customer Question

my 18 pound cavapoo just ingested 2 20mg prozac and a 10mg atenolol for my blood pressure. no signs of distress. should i do anything?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

If this ingestion has been within 2 hrs, you should induce vomiting by following these instructions:

Give 1 teaspoons of peroxide per 5 pounds of weight and wait 15 minutes. If no vomiting, then try it again. You can do this 3 times safely.

This will remove any of these medications from sweet Alex's system so he will not be harmed. These are not safe to give to a young small dog and could have potentially bad effects if not removed from his system. Once removed, even if a small amount was digested, he will be fine.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****