Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

She has been getting up on the counter and eating some of my

Customer Question
supplements if I set them...
She has been getting up on the counter and eating some of my supplements if I set them out and go get water or something. This has only happened a few times but yesterday she drank a ton of water and had loose stool, and loose stool again today. I only fed her some scrambled eggs for dinner but then she got up and ate a few more pills. They are digestive enzymes. Should I be concerned? She is acting fine.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: Not that I can think of. She did have a lot of rawhide bones yesterday and the day before, much more than usual
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/16/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Now while we need to be careful if she is stealing tablets, these ones are not dangerous for her. So, while they could be causing her gut upset, we'd not expect more than that. So, we need to keep any more tablets away from her and also give her a break with the rawhide. Otherwise scrambled egg is fine to feed but do make sure to add a fiber source to her food to firm her stools. This could be rice but you can even add canned our boiled pumpkin to these meals and these will help bulk those stools up quicker for her. And since she has been challenging her gut with your tablet, you can also add a OTC canine probiotic (ie Fortiflora, Benebac) to her food to help stabilize her gut.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Please rate me afterwards by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Dr. B.
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian