Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My English dog I took out side to let him to go to the

Customer Question
My English bull dog...
My English bull dog I took out side to let him to go to the bathroom and he was in his kennel I went back out side about 30 minutes later and there was throw up all over brought him back he drank some water and then as thrown up 3 more time it like wight what would it be he was fine
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: Know he didn't he also keeps panting
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he's 2 years 5 myths
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about chance?
Customer: Know he's very active playfull but this has ever happened before
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/15/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If you get a request for a phone call, it is from the website and not myself. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately if you have responded back to me within 10 minutes of my response. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

What is the outside temperature where you are at?

Did he feel hot or much warmer when you brought him inside?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is 62 degrees
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Know he seemed fine

Thanks for the information. That is not very hot.

Did he feel hot when you brought him inside?

Anything in the backyard he could have gotten into, including plants?

Anything in his kennel that he chewed on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There isn't anything he was in his kennel and it's just sand there are a few weeds on the out side of the kennel
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Know the kennel is clean but he might have got some of the weeds that's are next to the kennal
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Should I take him to a vet or just watch him .

Thanks for the information. With the temperature outside being 62, I would say that getting overheated would be less likely, but with an English Bulldog, I have seen them get overhead much easier if they are very active. Typically they will feel very warm when you touch them, but not if it is just heat exhaustion as apposed to heat stroke. If he had chewed on the weeds or swallowed sand, I would expect that would be in his vomit. Heat exhaustion and eating something would be the most common things to cause his symptoms in this circumstance, but the history doesn't support either of these. The other thing we need to consider as well is if he had an allergic reaction to a bee/wasp sting or bug bite. That may seem like the most likely scenario. Given that he seems to be doing better now and is playing, I would keep a careful eye on him. I would wait until tonight to give him on food. Give only a small amount every 30-45 minutes to monitor for vomiting. If he continues to vomit, seems weak, has pale gums, isn't drinking, has bruises (belly, ears, eyes, gums) or has bloody stool; I would get him to the emergency vet ASAP. If your regular vet is still open, it would be a good idea for them to just check him out to make sure his vitals are normal. If not, it should be okay to just monitor him for now. It should be okay to leave just a small amount of water down at a time. He may have vomited again if he drank a lot of water too fast. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. John

Hello. I was following up to see how Chance is doing and to see if you have any further questions.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian