Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog was scratching on the bed and he suddenly started to

Customer Question
Hello my dog was scratching...
Hello my dog was scratching on the bed and he suddenly started to cry and he can't move his leg he falls everytime he tries to get up
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: What should I do Chuipi 3
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Chuipi
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Chuipi?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/15/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Ellie, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Ellie
Dr. Ellie, Veterinarian

I am sorry to Hear about Chupi's difficulties. I have a few questions that can help me figure out what may be going on with him so I can make appropriate recommendations.

What was he scratching? Was he scratching himself or something else?

Are his eyes moving back and forth rapidly? Is his head tilted?

Is he off balance and walking like he is drunk?

Which leg is unable to move and is he able to stand with assistance? If so, does he look like he can balance?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian