Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Dog has a lot of blister like bumps on her nose and when they pop they are row looking and clear liquid comes out, Her

Customer Question
She has a lot of...
She has a lot of blister like bumps on her nose and when they pop they are row looking and clear liquid comes out
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she is 2
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sara?
Customer: No. other than that she is fine. The blisters don't seem to bother her in any way.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I mean they aren't itchy and don't appear to be cause if her pain.
10/14/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

Can you upload a photo(s) of her nose to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing. There are quite a few skin disorders that manifest on the nose.

Thank you. Please give me a moment to review them.

This is most indicative of a nasal pyoderma - a facial bacterial skin infection that may occur secondary to trauma or insect bites. It appears as papules, pustules, erythema (reddening), alopecia, crusting, swelling, erosions, or ulcerative fistulae (which are what you've described) that develop over the bridge of the nose. Lesions may be painful. Treatment consists of the following:

1. Gentle, topical, warm water soaks with a chlorhexidine-containing shampoo should be used every 24 hours for 7-10 days to remove crusts.

2. Systemic antibiotics should be administered for a minimum of 3-4 weeks and continued 2 weeks beyond complete clinical resolution.

The prognosis is good but scarring may be a permanent sequela in some dogs. The shampoo and antibiot is available through Sara's vet. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you very much.

You're quite welcome. What a face! I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I had her to the vet today. They took a culture of the fluid inside the blisters and there was no white blood cells at all just bacteria. They put her on a heavy antibiotic for 2 weeks with an antibacterial soap and cream to use as well. I have a follow up in two weeks.

Thank you for the update. Sara should do nicely.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian